Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Summer Days are here!

Here in the Northeast we couldn't have had better weather to celebrate Memorial Day. It was, in my opinion, the best kind of weather.
It was hot, sunny and there was a wonderful breeze.
We ended up stayingclose to home for the holiday. There was lots to do around the house and what better time to do it then a long weekend!


My husband spent the whole weekend splitting wood from the trees we took down this winter. So that meant I was on baby duty all weekend!


Mama's little helper!

 Me and the little guy spent lots of quality time together. We swam in the kiddie pool, we water the flowers, he even helped me pull the weeds.

 Although I think he enjoyed pulling the flowers up more then the weeds because his mama made a funny squealing noise every time he did it!! It was great being outside and enjoying every minute of the wonderful summer weather!


In between having fun with Jackson, I was able to get a little crafting done as well. I know we are just entering the summer but fall will be here before I know it! And I have orders and shows to get ready for. This weekend I started sewing, stuffing and staining a few Pumpkin men, Jolly Olde Fall guys and of course I made up a bunch of pumpkins!!
I was able to sit outside and work on all these. The weather was just perfect for outside crafting!



My outside crafting area! Doesn't get much better then this.

Pumpkins, Pumpkins and more pumpkins!
Finally can hang my pumpkin men out to dry in the sun!


I also spent some time working in the garden this weekend. Here are a few pictures of my garden. A few more flowers are popping up here and there.






I just love a long weekend! I feel like I actually got a lot accomplished and still managed to enjoy the weekend. Hope the rest of the summer is as nice as this past weekend was!

Happy Summer time! Well unofficially summer time!

Hope  you all have a wonderful Memorial Day!

Until next time,
Heather

2 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

It looked like you had a wonderful Memorial Day,especially spending time with Jackson, and he's a good little garden helper by the looks of it :)
Here in the South the weather is HOT, unless I'm in a pool, I'd rather not be outside until evening time, how sad is that !
~Jo

Mandie said...

Oh Heather, it sounds like a perfect weekend. I can't wait to see what your pumpkins and men look like. I love the holidays and everything that goes with them! Reading your post makes me want to get crafting on some Halloween :). Your son is adorable and looks like ya'll had a great time.