Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Autumn Pictures



It was such a lovely weekend that we decided it would be the perfect time to go for a little ride up north. We started out at the pumpkin patch. I was having a fine time until a creepy slithering snake decided to make an appearance right in front of me! I hate snakes, especially the ones that unexpectedly appear out of no where. Thank goodness we had already found our perfect pumpkin before I saw the snake. Once I saw that snake I was done with the pumpkin patch experience!!







After leaving the pumpkin patch we took a little ride on the back roads of the Adirondacks.On our little ride we came across my dream cabin! I just had to stop the car and take a picture, well actually my mom took the picture, not too bad for a novice!  I can so see myself living there!




                      
                    We passed a charming farm house. Another house I could just see myself living in.



Along the way we stopped at Gore Mountain for their fall festival. Picked up a few goodies there!




And our last stop on our beautiful fall ride, was at my moms house. Here's Jackson with his best buddies, Timber and Sam. The dogs are always two steps behind him. It's so cute to watch the three of them together.

These pictures are from around my house. I picked up these gorgeous mums at a local farm stand. They are so full and colorful.






This year I've decorate very simply for fall. I've decided that less is more when it comes to my decor. Plus it's so much easier packing it up and putting it away!


It was a great weekend spent enjoying this wonderful Autumn season with my family. This really is the best time of the year! Pumpkins,apples, changing leaves, car rides, blue sky, apple cider donuts, wood stove burning, fall festivals, cooler temps, what more could one want?
Hope you all are enjoying this wonderful time of year!
Until next time,
Heather





"Autumn
  A Season
of Contentment"



2 comments:

Raymond Homestead said...

I bet Jackson had fun! I love your header picture! I agree with the less is more theory!

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Oh my word girl, I'm so glad we have already been to the pumpkin patch... I sure wouldn't want to be going now that I read about your snake. Eek! Yes, I bet Jackson had fun. My kids had a blast and were all over that pumpkin patch looking for the perfect one to bring home. We all had a good time. Looks like you all had a good time as well... Gore Mountain looks awesome!

Love your simple fall decorating and those mums are just gorgeous!