Monday, June 20, 2011

Walker Homestead Show

This past weekend was the Walker Homestead Simple Treasures from the Past  Antiques & Primitive Goods Show in Brookfield MA .http://www.walkerhomestead.com/ What a show it was! I have been wanting to attending this show ever since their first one. I have been to the Walker Homestead in the past but never for one of their shows.

I originally had other plans for that day, but thanks to my bestest friend Katie, who is understanding of my addition to anything primitive, let me reschedule our plans together! So thanks to her and thanks to my mom who was willing to go with me (although it didn't take much to convince my mom) I was able to attending this weekends show! And I am so happy I did!

I was so excited to get the chance to meet all the wonder primitive vendors and bloggers that I have followed on the web .

I knew Eva Ramsey from Pine Patch Primitives (she has the most wonderful candles http://www.pinepatchprimitives.com/),  Linda Rudman from Behind My Red Door http://www.behindmyreddoor.com/ and A Primitive Place Magazine http://aprimitiveplacemagazine.blogspot.com/, Hometown Antiques http://www.hometownantiqueswb.com/, and Winterberry Primitives  would all be there! So many of my favorite bloggers and vendors oh I could barely contain my excitement!!

We got there around 10:30 and just didn't know where to begin.  I knew I should look around before I bought anything, but it was just so hard ! But first things first, I did come with a mission, other then to meet my online idols, I was on a mission to get my beeskep house.

 A few weeks ago online  I came across a beeskep house that was made by Dirk Dishop http://www.picturetrail.com/earlyhomesteadwoodshop. I just LOVED it and knew I had to have it. So I emailed Dirk and he said he could ship it but he would be coming to the Walker Homestead Show and if I was going would put one aside for me. So knowing I'd be coming I send yes put it aside for me!

When we got to the show the first thing I wanted to do was go and get my beeskep house. Well I gotthe house and I got a beeskep and I got one of his pumpkins as well. These are the neatest things. They are made of cement or something like it and shaped into  beeskeps and pumpkins. I am so glad he set the bee house aside for me because they were selling like crazy along with everything else he had.

And I  am thrilled that he'll be back in the Fall with more pumpkins. My one lonely pumpkin needs a few friends!

My favorite!
It's never too early to buy a pumpkin!


After my first purchases we headed to the other booths. The vendors were all so friendly and lovely.  It was such a great atmosphere.  Everyone seemed to really be enjoying themselves. And how couldn't you? The sun was shining and the Walker Homestead is set in such a beautiful, peaceful place. Surrounded by woods and hills. It's simply gorgeous!

If I had to pick the highlights from the day it would be meeting Eva Ramsey from Pine Patch Primitives and Linda Rudman from Behind My Red Door and APP . Both ladies were sweet as pie!
I will say Eva is such a humbled and sweet lady.  There was a lady in front of me buying candles and was saying how she thought Eva's candles were so well priced and Eva's response was that she just wants other people to enjoy them as much as she does.
Now I know alot of people might say the same thing but you could really tell the Eva meant it. I was so impressed by her.

The other highlight of the day was meeting Linda Rudman .I have followed her blog for years and  have always admired her decorating style. When I read that she was going to be at the show I knew I had to meet her in person. When I spotted her I just had to go up and say hi! And she was just what I expected , friendly and open to chit chatting a bit. 
It was a great day! And I so enjoyed spending the day with my mom. She had a great time too. But I think her highlights of the day were the sheep and the goats and the chickens!

If she had it her way the sheep would have been coming home with us!


Can't imagine why the chicken is running away from her!












Dirk Dishop Beeskep Houses


Me with a silly face and the goat!

These next pictures are of  around the house.





Baby Zucchini

Baby Squash!




Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and Happy Father's Day!
Until next time,
Heather



9 comments:

TeresaM said...

Sounds like a perfectly prim day Heather!!!

Doreen Frost said...

Hello Heather. I LOVE the Walker Homestead shows..I did their June one last year..so sorry I had to miss this years! Did you have a chance to meet Kris..the owner..she is wonderful.

Perhaps I will meet you there next year :)

Many blessings, doreen

Primitive Memories said...

Hi Teresa- It certainly was a perfect prim day!
Good morning Doreen- I so hope you are there next year. I would love to meet you and to see your wonderful moppets in person! I did see Kris there but did not officially get to meet her! Maybe next time!
Hope you all have a very enjoyable summer day! Thanks for your comments.
Heather

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Hi Heather!
You were smart to reserve that bee skep - they were in high demand later in the day. And I agree - it's never too early for pumkins!

It was such a pleasure meeting you as well - I am planning to go to the September one as well - but won't be at any booth as far as I know now. Hope you make it back again!!

HUGS!!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

PS - Your yard looks wonderful!!

your blogger follower list won't load for me - AOL is fussy sometimes... I was going to become a follower. I'll try again later!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather~
Linda Rudman was kind enough to forward your blog to us! Thank you for all the kind words, so glad you enjoyed yourself at our show... your pics are awesome! Looks like Miss Dolly was quite sociable with your mom (the white sheep). Be sure to introduce yourself next time, I look forward to meeting you!
~Kris

Dirk Dishop said...

Hi Heather...Thank you for the compliments! Glad you liked everything and you had a fun day! Was a pleasure meeting you and I look forward to seeing you again in the fall.
Thanks again..Dirk

Primitive Memories said...

Thank you all for stopping by! I so enjoyed reading your comments! Can't wait for the next Walker Homestead show!
Hope you all have a lovely day.
Heather

Candle Light Primitives said...

Hi Heather....I wanted to thank you for the nice compliments. I am doing the fall show at Walker. I just love doing their shows. I would love for you to stop by and see me. Thanks again, Eva