I love a rainy day every now and then but this weather is begin to bring me down! I am trying my best to stay positive and make the most of it. It is getting a bit difficult to keep a positive attitude! Our days of nice weather in the Northeast are short lived to begin with so when our precious days of sun and warmth, are rained on it causes me to get a little cranky!
I have so many things I want to do outside. I was lucky enough to plant and weed my gardens a couple of weeks ago but they desperately need my attention again! And I can't wait to sit outside and enjoy the sun.
I know that there is one guarantee about the weather is that we have NO control over it! I guess the sooner I accept that the sooner I can stop letting the weather affect my moods!
I've decided that since I can not control the weather that I now need to stop complaining and look on the positive side. I am now going to try and focus on all the things that I like about rainy days.
- I like that I don't have to get dressed. I can stay in my PJ's all day if I want too.
- I enjoy a rainy day because it gives me a chance to clean my house. Now if it was nice outside I'd be out there working and the house cleaning would not get done!
- It's the perfect excuse to be lazy!
- It let's me catch up on all the shows I DVR.
- I have lots of time to look at old magazine's. I always want to just sit down and read them and what better time then when it's a cold and rainy day.
- Baking. Being inside on a rainy day makes me want to bake and eat!
- A rainy day lets me make a good home cooked meal and I just love how it makes the house smell and feel all warm and cozy.
- Crafts! Yes, there is no better excuse to craft then a rainy day!
- Believe it or not rain often puts me in a Christmas mood and I give myself permission to listen to a little Christmas music or pop in a Christmas movie! Hey why not?!
- I love burning candles on anyday but especially on a rainy one!
- If I finally do decide to get out of my PJ's on a rainy day, I love to go out and do some Prim shopping.
- And of course once I get back from shopping I love tweaking and finding homes for my new goodies!
- Another fun thing to do on a rainy day is to go for a walk in the woods. Why not get out and enjoy the rain. It's always fun to dance in the rain!
- Oh and how could I forget? What better thing to do then to hop on the internet and read all the blogs you never get a chance to read!
I guess a rainy day or month isn't all that bad. You just have to learn to make the best of it. And knowing that this rainy season will soon pass and we will be onto another season does helps a bit.
Before long I am sure we will all be talking about heatwaves and droughts! Okay maybe not the drought part but the heat and humidity I am sure will be coming our way this summer.
So for all you water logged friends out there. Hang in there. This too shall pass!
"Long stormy spring-time, wet contentious April, winter chilling the lap of very May; but at length the season of summer does come" Thomas Carlyle
Until next time.