Thursday, October 7, 2010

Fun Fall Weekend

This past weekend we went to the largest garage sale in the world ( well that's what they call it!). It's takes place in Warrensburgh NY. I have always wanted to go to it but never have. This year I had no excuse not to go because my mom now lives in Warrensburgh! It was great because we didn't have to far to travel.
It was alot of fun! I couldn't believe the amount of people that were there. I don't think I've ever seen that many people in one place. They estimated the crowd at 70,000!! I sure believe it!

The main street was mostly vendors who were selling the same things, like belts,  knock off pocket books, and other cheesy china made stuff. The side streets are where all the "real" garage sales were! That's where you could find anything! I bought 4 old maple syrup buckets for $10! And I got a few other odds and ends. There was alot to choose from but I didn't see too much I couldn't live without. My husband was sure happy about that!

Here are a few pictures from the weekend!


In the corner of this picture is a old fashion horse sleigh. I soooo wanted it! But it was pretty pricey. I think it was almost $1800 if I remember right! Maybe someday when I'm rich and famous!!

Heres my mom. She just had to get her picture taken in front of this old truck!

Farmhouse we passed along our way. Would have loved to been able to sit on that front porch watching all those people passing by!

This seller had lots of chairs to sell. I  love old chairs so it was hard to resist not buying one!

Another lovely house.




After we walked for miles and miles at the garage sale we went back to my moms place and went for a walk in the woods! We sure got our exercise that day!
My little bugga boo in his bear hoodie.
Thankfully these were the only wild animals we saw on our walk!

The river was so high after the big rainstorm the day before.

 By the look on his face I think he's praying I won't drop him!

Timber and Sadie





Well that's it for now!
Until next time.
Heather

4 comments:

Audrey said...

I would love to be at that yard sale. How interesting, so much to see. Lovely pictures thanks for sharing.

1890* said...

Oh what beautiful scenery! Great pictures! I will have to locate Warrensburgh for their sale next year. TFS ..Your bugga boo is darling!

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

I just found your blog through your comment on Mis's Blog 1890!
I am so please I did!
I have been checking out your recent & older posts! WoW!
Beautiful, the pictures of the outdoors are breathtaking! At your Mothers', so so pretty!
The little bear is so adorable, he is a real cutie!
And your creations, Oh I love homemades;Your's are so cute & prim! The Boo ghost is too too cute!
You should really come to Ohio to do a show at one of the prim gatherings! Yep, I would be purchasing!
Your basement is cute! Great Area to work in!
( ok, the green floor is kinda ugly, What's funny when I was a kid that looks like our kitchen floor!)
Please come visit me @
http://deppenhomestead1862.blogspot.com/
Have a beautiful fall day!
Teresa

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Oooh, that looks like tons of fun! I love those homes and the chairs too. What a beautiful walk you all had, perfect for this time of year!