Friday, March 25, 2011

The Joys of Spring


Now that we are at the beginning of  new season I decided to start it off with a post about what I most like about Spring.

I have to admit Spring isn't my most favorite season. I'd just assume skip over it and go directly to summer. Since that's not really an option I have decided to find things about spring that I do enjoy.

I truly enjoy seeing the Spring birds coming back to my bird feeder. I have seen a few finches,sparrows and of course some little robbins around the feeder.
 


I am thrilled that since Spring has arrived I can now see my grass. Although it be brown grass it is still grass!

I love seeing the buds on the trees. This gives me great hope that soon those little buds will be beautiful flowers and leaves .

I like that I can now take my little boy out for walks and I don't have to put him in a snowsuit!

I love that on a sunny spring day I can open my windows and let a little fresh air in! Even if the temps are only in the 30's. That doesn't matter because it's Spring and you are suppose to be able to open your windows!

I also enjoy seeing some of my early Spring flowers popping up. Like my little pansy that held on all winter and decided to bloom once more. I know that many others are not far behind!





So, I guess I do like  Spring time. I am looking at Spring as the start of something new. It's the time to anticipate all thats  ahead.  The next few weeks I hope to see Spring appear even stronger. Soon that brown grass will turn green. Those buds on the trees will soon be blooming and the little spots of greens will be turning into beautiful flowers!
Ahhh...... can almost smell them now!


Happy Spring!

Until next time,
Heather

1 comment:

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Heather~ I look forward to warmer weather~ love seeing your pics today~ I so want to see green~ green grass~ flowers blooming~ open the windows & let the fresh air in!
smiles
Teresa